Sunday, December 31, 2023

New year's resolutions


As the old year goes, and the new year comes.

I wish to say thank you to the year as it passes.

It has been a year.

And what to say of it?

What kind of body would it have if given flesh and bones?

For me the first part of it would look like water, and music, and green branches, and so many other things, beautiful things, and not so beautiful.  It would have some darkness, for sure, and light, and stars, and rain, and clouds, and some thunderbolts. But mostly it would have a beautiful golden heart shining out through it all.

 It went by in a blink.

It felt like a year of magnification. Where everything was getting seen, more and more.

The good bits, and ugly bits.

Some very hard, bits. Emotional, and confusing. 

And yet.

There were many good aspects of last year. Many places of growth.

It was a year of nature, and of water, and sunlight, and learning to really enjoy the ground, and learning about myself in ways that were a bit painful.

A year, where, at times, I felt like I was able to see clearly.

So clearly.

And then. Not. And sometimes felt like I as feeling around in the dark. Trying to make the best of things. But terribly afraid, and confused.

Then it was also a year of giving some things up, and letting some things go.

A year of magic, and wonder, and some amazing synchronicitys. Of pulling together, and working things out. And learning better ways to resolve conflict, when it really could have gone not so good.

A year of music, and beautiful words, and thoughts.

A year of testing, with many tears, and difficulties, and challenges, with ups, and downs, yet there was always a white rabbit.

Something there. Something beautiful, and loving and good.

Something, someone calling me home to my heart.

And so, as this new year comes.

I hope to learn how to breathe in and out better. My sister is always telling me I’m holding my breath, always reminding me to breath.

And so. I hope to follow my breath, to quiet my mind, and open my heart, more and more. To use words in the service of spirit, to point to peace.

 I pray for truth to guide me.

Truth to be ever present, within and without.

Truth to be spoken.

To allow truth to be what is seen, and heard. To better discern the unity behind all things.

I hope to be a window though which light shines.

One that is clean, and clear.

I hope to let go of all things that I’ve gathered from the old years, that I’ve held on for too long.

To let go of attachments to outcomes, both good and bad, and to the fruit of my actions, and objects, and needing things to go a certain way.

To let go of the ego mind, and attachment to thoughts, and all the things that veil the heart.

To let go of needing to be better, or lesser.

To be centered in the I am-ness of life. The isness of the now.

To let go of those old wounds that I’ve carried too long, to release all the contractions that have kept me from flowing.

To let go, and let God.

To laugh more, and allow life to flow through me with ease.

To relinquish my fears, my mistakes, and judgments into the hands of a just and merciful God.

To find sunlight, and joy, in every space.

To see God's reflection in the souls of those who are put on my path.

To let everything be as it is, to not hold too tight, nor push things away.

And if there comes a challenge, to be so present, that God is there.

And if all these resolutions somehow become clouded, and if I forget, and if mind tries to bully its way in, I pray that Spirit would pull back the curtain, and let in the light, and heart would always overcome anything the mind throws its way.

To listen to spirit.

And heart.

And to have the discernment to follow, and uphold the highest frequency of love. To fully forgive myself, and love all the parts that I have pushed away.

Let this year be a year of healing.

Healing of the land.

Of body, and mind, and spirit, and heart.

Of the world.

Of individual parts, and collective parts.

Where spirit is leading the way, one present moment, one heart at a time.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog