Monday, December 25, 2023

Covering


It’s early.

My heart started beating fast. I don’t feel as if I really slept. And I wondered if I needed to write something. I’m trying to listen. Trying to understand…to follow…nudges.

So I’m here. Everything is still.

Though, I have my dove sitting on my garbage can so his poops can be caught. He keeps hooting, loudly, and I keep asking him to be quiet. He likes to fly up to my lamp, or sit on my bed cushions.

Sometimes I’ll have the pillow over my head, and he’ll fly on top of my covers, and peer into the space where I breathe, and try pecking at my nose, or eyes.

Christmas.

Christ.

As I ponder Christmas. I think Spirit is telling me, that as I have been given a great gift, it should be easy to give it away.

I acknowledge my great need for grace’s covering.

And with gratitude, my heart says thank you, to Christ, to God, to spirit.

And to you.

The soul reading this blog, for bringing my heart back online.

I look at my life, and see that I have mostly lived by grace, most of everything that is about me, is because of grace.

The moment I came into the world, the doctor restored my breath.

My life.

It is grace I’m even here.

Grace.

Where I live.

The people who have been placed here for me, to love, and be loved by.

So many times I’ve been helped, and rescued, and kept from drowning.

These coverings. So many, I cannot count them. So many I’m sure I don’t even know about.

Angel moments in disguise.

And so this Christmas, I want to raise my hands, and eyes in gratitude, for that which has sustained my soul, and every part of me.

The power of goodness, and love, and mercy, and truth, and so, so much grace.

So much I can’t ever repay.

Coverings everywhere.

And I pray, as this Christmas comes, and goes, that I may be a covering too, and we can all help cover each other.

For alone, we are all naked.

But because of Christ.

There is a covering.

A love.

And it is so powerful, so good, so pure,

My heart feels as if there is so much to say, so much left unsaid.

So much to do, so little done.

So many times I could have saw other as self, but didn’t.

And yet, here is grace.

Surrounding us.

Grace guiding us.

Grace holding us.

Grace inside, and outside.

Above and below.

I see so many paths, and yet grace has led me here, and Grace will guide us home.

I pray, that I may better listen to this compass, to my heart, to my soul, to the place that is never afraid.

And follow the path where Christ is walking. To give away what I have been given, a covering.

And covering by covering, we are all covered by grace, and truth, and love.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog