Thursday, December 28, 2023

Moonbeam frost

Christmas Eve, Bess and I went visiting a couple neighbors.

One neighbor had dropped a box of goodies on our porch and we wanted to return the favor, and tell her thank you, and also invite her to the children's Christmas eve party.

She's such a sweet lady, and the note she left was so kind.

Next we went to my bee-keeper neighbors who always give us honey, and the lady has always been so sweet to us over all these years.

She greeted us at the door, and was worried because her husband had a cold.

Though that didn't stop him from coming to the door as well, he wanted to feed us something special.

He mixed up some orange juice, with bee pollen, and cyan pepper, and gave Bess and I a glass. It tasted quite nice, and I thought, perhaps it was just the thing I needed.

After which we picked up my other sister and went to a kids Christmas pageant, and watched the kids perform. It was very cute, and I thought how nice it to enjoy watching someone put on a program that I could enjoy. The general feeling of the program was loving, and I enjoyed feeling the ambient heart's voom as we all watched.

Christmas came, and Christmas went. It was a quiet day. Though it feels as if the day was just a small turn in of the wheel, and it gathered momentum, each day, adding to the next, with more people, and friends and family, doing that Christmas thing we all do. More people coming than on Christmas. So much so, I’m wondering if people ever linger in one place for very long before shooting off to the next place? 

The day of Christmas, I slept in so late, that when I got up, the sun was high in the sky. Bess and mom were making a nice Christmas salad.

We got out the our new-wheelchair for my mom. (newer than the old one) My idea behind getting it out was to get my mom outside into the sun, even though it was cold, the sun was very warm.

Our mom was a good sport, and she let us wheel her around, and we surmised the old chair was better in some ways than the new wheelchair, because the new one really rattled on the road. A lot. The wheels are plastic, and had no buffer for the pavement.

Sometimes the old stuff, even if it’s falling apart, is much better.

Bess and I parked mom in front of our beachfront, Bess’s workspace, shielded from the north-wind.

And had a lovely time, eating oranges, and treats, sungazing, and talking.

That was so very lovely. The rest of the day was nice too, but my very favorite highlights were things we did outside.

Like right before bed, Bess got the urge to go outside, so I went with her. I don’t’ remember the time, but it was cold.                                                                                                                                   

Stepping into the frosty night.

The dark trees were silhouetted against the full moon.

The air was fresh, and living.

We headed down the road, and stopped in a place that was flat and full of salt-grass.

Pausing a moment, we were quite taken back.

The moon was at such an angle, and the frost was so heavy on the grass, that it looked like we’d stepped into the sky.

Except there was more stars on the ground than in the sky.

We both were stunned, and amazed. It felt like we had stepped into some fairy land. Each blade of grass had brilliant moonshine stuck to it, glitter everywhere.

We’d both never seen it like this, ever.

We ran inside, and wanted to share this with mom.

Mostly just the story, as she couldn’t come out. So we went back outside, and followed the trail of sparkling moonbeams. Never in all my life, have I seen the ground, lit up, more than the sky.

Sparkling as far as the eye can see.

A frosty sky ground.

I took off my shoes, and walked on the frosty field, and didn’t feel as if it was too cold, as I still had socks on.

It was magic. Not something that’s explainable, nor something a camera could pick up.

Just a magic sea of moonbeams.

Narnian in nature.

I’m glad I had a witness, because it was that magical. I kept looking up to compare the ground to the sky, and thought the ground was more beautiful this time. More glitter there.

And that was really something. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog