Tuesday, January 30, 2024

The Same Song

  


 

 

The Same Song


I want to give a gift.

 To you.

 Something valuable and rare.

Something when you unwrap it. You know I was there.

  I want to write something grand.

   So perfect you might see.        

A reflection of yourself, in me.

 If my heart could write a poem.

 That would never leave your side.

 If words could shine light.

 I’d ignite them, so they would be your guide.  

If you see a shooting star, or find a butterfly.

 If something makes you smile.

 Or if something makes you cry.

  If ever you felt lonely.

  And you were searching for some clue.

 Know that I’d write a poem, that would lead you right to you.

 I’d ask God to stand by your side, in all those moments I was not.

To fill in those empty spots.

To fill in those slots.

I’d write in a hug, when there was not a shoulder to be found.

I’d write in a hand to hold, when hands were slinging mud around.

I’d write myself in your story, when you were young, and afraid.

I’d stand by your side, and help you be brave.

I’d make sure you that knew you were loved.

I’d make sure your heart was cared for. Like a garden plot. I’d make sure it was watered, that it had sun---and I’d spent time in it. A lot.

I make sure, that angels surrounded you night or day.

I’d make sure they listened to you as you prayed.

I’d send a gift, so that no matter where you go.

You would always find your way back home.

I write in words of comfort, and words of peace.

 I’d build an harbor of protection that you could always find, with ease.

 A place where you could feel your heart, and quiet your mind.

I’d ask the places where I could not be, to be filled with music, a beautiful symphony, a song, a rhyme.

I’d write in someone with good words to say. That someone would speak something kind, encouragement to you, every day.

I’d write in a friend for you, that loved you very much.

Someone to make you laugh, to lighten your load.

I’d send a gift, all wrapped in words.

Pointing to beautiful things---birds.

I’d plant myself right next to you. If I was a tree.  And shade you if it got too hot.

And if I couldn’t be a tree.

 I’d be a rock.

 One you could hold right in your pocket.

And rub.

 And if I couldn’t be a stone.

  Or a flower.

  I’d be a reflection of your face upon the water.

So that every time you smiled at you.

You’d know I was smiling back.

And every time your heart beat.

Mine was sending the same song back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog