Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Humili-tea

March 19, 2024 


I feel like I have been asked to be brave. To be open, and to give whatever it is that I have.

And so I sip a cup of humli-tea. As it feels like something one must drink in order to grow, and learn, and be whatever it is that spirit requires. 

To be willing to learn from everyone, and everything.

To be willing to be vulnerable, and open, and honest. 

and childlike, and a beginner.

And it’s challenging.

Being a beginner. 

And it’s beautiful.

And all I really want is to be able to open my heart more. To grow out of my old skin.

It feels like I’ve had to step out of the boat, and onto the water.

And it’s been tremendously scary.

Yet, God keeps helping me walk on water.

And as I think of Peter stepping out.

Think of the faith it took to take that step. And so, this is how I feel.

Taking steps.

And God keeps holding me up. And as I step.

I feel more in awe, of grace, and of the power that sustains the footsteps of faith.

And I’m having to learn things, from my teachers.

And everyone is my teacher.

My mother.

My sister.

My brother.

My father.

My neighbors.

The whole world, my family.

And it’s humbling.

To realize, how hard it is to step out of the boat, when you can see waves that used to wash over you.

Standing on the water. I see. Perhaps, it was never about feeling that you were capable of swimming. Or that you had any skill.

But the act of moving your feet in the direction of the greatest teacher of all. Moving towards love.

Moving towards expansion, and grace, and all that is good.

Is enough. 

Moving in the direction of love.

You see.

That you’re not alone.

And I think we all want to walk on the water.

And sometimes your teachers call out to you, “and say, you’ve got this. I believe In you. You can sing too.”

It’s really beautiful. Beautiful to have teachers that tell you the truth of who you are.

And all I really know.

Even in my own trembling.

How much I love God.

And see…

God’s eyes, peering out at me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog