Monday, October 12, 2009

A yellow watermelon. What my mom grew in her garden this year.



My mom grew a yellow watermelon! Weird, yes? The funny thing was that even though that yellow watermelon was still a watermelon, to me, it didn't taste the same as a red watermelon. However, I did avoid the strange banana flavor, as I closed my eyes and bit down. Magically the watermelon tasted just like any other watermelon.

This experiment alone tells me that sight plays a *huge* roll on influence. It's rather a scary thought. It makes me wonder how much we judge just by sight. What things could we be missing out on because we think it looks weird? What books would we have read? What people would we have met? What opportunities were missed because of our limited paradigm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog