Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Autumn recordings

 So, my koto teacher had this idea to get a Folk Art grant in the works. As she would like to come to my house, so she can see me again, and so I can learn in person next year, for a week, and to fund some things like koto strings, and other things, and her trip here. I guess it's a museum grant from Salt lake or something. 

You know how I said I dislike being filmed. And I am trying to allow the flow of life as it shows up. 

So I said I'd try it.

I'm usually the one taking pictures. So hmmm. It's kind of humidifying. Auto correct. Humilifying. 

Sigh...

So she wanted me to make some recordings. I made so many. 

And there was so much wind the first day.

Second day, family was noisy, and so were the animals outside.

 This has been interesting. And so out of my comfort zone. 

As my house much noise in it, many times. And people are always coming, and going, and phones a ringing, and I'm not sure what else. 

I tried recording some outside.

Very raw. These are the two that sort of turned out.

Nature is beautiful.

But I did record something. 

They are so raw. I feel like such a beginner. One video my cat leapt onto the koto. Another video a train came honking its horn, muting the sound. A hawk calling. A sudden mini burst of wind, that turned my music pages.

And a couple times the koto string did a strange hum, that just kept buzzing---I've never had that happen before to the strings in the house. It was like it just kept going, and the sound was loud, and ethereal.

So anyhow. I thought I'd share them here. Imperfect as they are, and windy, and raw.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog