Sunday, April 14, 2024

Update...

 I had been writing my last blog post...taking my time. Then when I realized we might be gone for who knows how long, I wasn't sure if I'd get back to my laptop...so I clicked published with a cliffhanger..

We had to rush to the hospital for my sister. So anyhow. We just got back from the hospital, and it was a long wait, because there had been an accident and three people were life-flighted to a different hospital.

            My sister's eyes and head were super swollen, with a rash up her forehead. Mom, and Bess and Jeana had gone up to the hospital first, as I had just gotten out of the shower, and then they were leaving.

        Then came back and got me, and left Mom home.

       My sister had visited the doctor yesterday. And they'd given her medicine for a eye-stye.

      I guess it got worse, and to abbreviate. She did look not so good. I brought my coshi bells, because Sarah had wanted me to get them in the first place. And I thought it would cheer her up.

She looked very puffy. It brought back some memories of my Aunt who looked similar. And my Bess and I had to stay with her for a good while while she recovered in ICU

While we waited, Bess and I gave her a foot massage, and oiled her toes with lavender. 

They were busy saving lives from an immediate accident, so it took a while for them to come in. When they finally, finally came in, they gave her an IV, and some pain medicine because she was in a lot of pain. 

    They think it's shingles. We have some medicine. She's super tired. She looks pretty swollen, and it was pretty scary. But I think she'll be okay. I pray so. And I thank God. We brought her home, and my brother and mom made her a nice bed, and we're taking care of her.

            Life is interesting....and amazing, and sometimes scary.

        And I think I'm sleepy. Or should be...

        Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog