Saturday, October 28, 2023

Fallen leaves

Hi,

 There's so many writings in my files that have been building up---some started things, some nearly finished things. Lots of words. But I'm not sure how to parent them all, sometimes they want all to be seen at once. Some are shy, and some are just figuring themselves out.

    Either way, I sometimes sit on my words for a while, waiting to see what wants to hatch. This month has been muchy, in many ways.

So I thought, since I can't seem to make up my mind what to share, I'll do a bit of music, and words.

I've been wanting to share a song I've been learning on the koto for quite a while. It's called, Falling leaves, and since my teacher gave me a new song---The first sound of summer----the next song in the book. I thought, ironically, if we are going from fall to summer, I am thinking I'll share this now.


I started recording this on my sister's old cell phone, but I couldn't figure out how to share it to my pc so I could share on here. I'm not so savvy when it comes to cell phones. And don't use them much.

Either way, try as I might, I couldn't figure how to share what I recorded. So I started again, today, recording on my laptop and added a little reverb to the recording. I was wondering which recording sounded better, the raw koto, or with a bit of reverb. I couldn't decide, so I went with the reverb. The person hearing the koto sometimes only hears the plucky sound, not the soft, echoing tones. So, I've added that effect to show how I feel it sounds to me, when I play it, though plucky it may sound to others.

I've included a picture montage of pictures I've taken over the years that I liked.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog