Sunday, September 17, 2023

buzzing thoughts

 

I’m sitting here. The empty, white screen says it wants words.

My mind is full of thoughts, buzzing around like wings on insects, swirling.

There are so many.

   I know that there only a few worth paying attention to. It's best to swat away the biting bugs, and turd flies, and such.

I will wear lavender, to deter the pesty bugs to buzz elsewhere.

I will go to higher ground, to the meadows of the mind where there are little hills, and green grasses, with wildflowers.

  Here, if you are still, you can see them---the butterflies floating around, playfully dancing wherever it pleases them, the dragonflies who stop and start, and pause, and whirr, settling on a dipping leaf.

  The ladybugs prick the green with a droplet of pure red.

And if you wait long enough, you can see the flicker of fireflies that dance in the darkness.

I will fill my jar with lightening bugs.

                         I will hold my lantern, made out of glowing bug butts.

                                   These gems.

                 Things at the tail end, light your path.

   So when you feel like you need a little light.

    Wait until the sun goes down, and you can see them dancing. 

 And if you’re lucky you can catch a lightening bug.

   Put it in a jar, and you can see the wisdom in a bug that uses his ass to light his way.

         Perhaps.

It means that he knows the magic of alchemy.

And has turned everything it consumes into light. 

   Here are my thoughts tonight…

                                                Swirling.

 Here, a butterfly lands, and I’ll be still, so it can settle on my finger, and linger long enough to tell me its secrets too, of its own alchemy from worm to wing.

And ask the ladybug where it got its cherry red color from? What ink in nature gave it such a crimson hue?

  And maybe, I can record the answers, and use them to understand myself.

  How to obtain the ink that glows in the dark. 

To know the wisdom of the dragonflies who use dewy windowpanes as wings, and zen as their guide.  And to finally know what magic ingredient is inside the cocoon where butterflies turn milkweeds into magic.

                                               

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog