Saturday, March 15, 2014

Amazing Health benefits of Ginger!



 Health benefits of Ginger
   
So recently I discovered that ginger has a lot of awesome health benefits. There are so many articles floating around on the internet, and this is what I gleaned from them.

1. Ginger is a very powerful anti inflammatory.
2. Helps with knee and joint pain.
3. Helps ease pain of monthly cramps.
4. Stomach upset.
5. Helps sooth coughs or sore throat.
6. Helps circulation.
7. Digestion.
8. Helps combat morning sickness.
9. It has antihistamine properties that help treat allergies
10. It helps to destroy ovarian cancer cells.
11. It helps prevent Colon cancer.
12. It helps combat pain.
13. It helps ease arthritis
14. It has high levels of antioxidants. 

These are among the few things that it helps to combat.
I for one am excited about this because I'm always looking for ways to combat pain naturally.

I've been taking it faithfully for a few days, and am happy to report that I really do think it really does help ease pain. I've used it for my knee pain, craps, and jaw pain. And I swear it really does help. 

Last night I had a horrible migraine and I was really considering breaking down and taking some Excedrin so I didn't spend the rest of the night in agony as is usually the case if I let the headache go on too long. 

However I decided to hold out and take a bunch of ginger capsules to see if they helped. Surprisingly I fell asleep and stayed asleep. 
When I woke up, my headache was gone. 
 (Happy!)
I'm pretty excited about this because I get migraines way too often. And if ginger helps nip them in the butt, I'm going to be one happy girl. I'm hoping that this ginger cure will stay a cure. But I guess we will see. If it was a fluke, then it was a fluke. But it was a nice one.

So if you're wanting to take ginger, you can brew the root as a tea, or buy powdered ginger or take it in capsules and eat it that way.
Also note: if you're taking blood thinners you're not supposed to take ginger at the same time.

This is a really brief explanation about the health benefits of ginger. So if you're interested in finding out more, I suggest you do a google search and see what other people are saying about it. 
   
I am by no means a doctor, and this information is not meant to replace normal medical practices as prescribed by your doctor. 

I'm just a country-girl who is looking for answers same as you.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate this blog